Friday, January 8, 2010

Boy Oh Boy!

So this week back at work has been super fun. I get to play and hold Brooklyn all day and get my groove back before my baby is here. Thiago LOVES Brooklyn so much that he asks me if he can hold her every five minutes (it's starting to go from cute to annoying real quick!).
So I'm posting this blog to inform you on all the wild things my child does EVERYDAY!!! He refuses to take naps now after lunch like he has always done, no,.. now he waits to take a nap for when we're driving home from Dana's at 3:30 or 4 and stays asleep most of the evening. Yes, i'm a bad mom and let him sleep because by this time I need quiet time to say the least (He's still been pretty good about going to bed between 9 and 10).
So he has been on this wrestling kick lately. I told Gage that if he doesn't want to wrestle with Thiago to ask him nicely to stop and if he still keeps going that Gage can make the wrestle hurt so Thiago won't want to do it anymore. This worked for maybe,... two days, MAX! My kid is so stubborn that all day he complains about how Gage hurt him, I ask.. "Did you hurt him firts?" His reply never changes "NO!". I'm glad I can trust Gage to tell me the truth and I just shrug my shoulders and tell him if he doesn't want to get hurt to not rough play, this response is never good enough because 5 minutes later he's complaining about another injury!
Yesterday was a kicker! We were getting ready to leave Dana's when he ran outside with MY shoes on and no coat or anything! As I scrambled to gather our things he honked the horn, not once or twice but for long moments at a time and continued to do this for a few minutes. I thought I was going to loose my head trying to hurry so I could make him stop! Then, the honking stopped,... moments later he opened the front door with red blood (as it appeared) smeared accross his face and dripping from both hands. I instantly threw all my things down and ran to him. He was laughing!!!! It took me a few moments to realize it wasn't real blood, it was his vampire make up from last Halloween. Whew! What a relief! I was almost in tears mortified that something had gone terribly wrong and there he was laughing at me. Not just a giggle but histeracly laughing at the fact that he had scared me!!!
This is my child. My sweet, innocent, precious baby boy has grown into a little terror! And I'm having another boy? Really???